If you are an activist and/or community organizer in Providence, Rhode Island and are interested in participating, here is how:
Contact: Stacy Lynn Smith
Phone: (312) 498-6507
Together we will determine a place and time to meet.
At the meeting:
- Bring an object that represents your activism. This can be any object of your choosing. What does resistance look like to you? Is it a boot? A protest sign? A photograph of a relative? A tool? Notes from last weeks meeting?
- Make sure the object you bring is of no great value to you, as it may retain wax residues from the printing process.
- Please let me know if you would like your object back, after the exhibition (after June 5, 2017)
- I will be asking you why you chose this particular object. With permission, I will record the resulting conversation to be transcribed at a later date for the project exhibition and book.
- Consider if you would like to remain anonymous or if you would like your name attached to the resulting artworks and texts (both in online, book and exhibition formats).
After the meeting:
- I will take your object and create a fine art print.
- You will receive one of the signed and editioned prints as a thank-you for your participation.
- Please consider if you would like to pick the print up during the exhibition, at a different date at my studio, or via US mail. Retrieval of personal objects must be done in-person after the exhibition closes (after June 5, 2017)
- If you are available, it would be an honor to see you at the project exhibition opening at the Rhode Island School of Design MFA Spring 2017 annual event.
Wednesday May 24 from 6-8pm (cash bar)
May 25-June 3,
Show open daily from 12-5, 10:30-6 on June 4
Rhode Island Convention Center, Hall A, One Sabin St., Providence